Water Quality Monitoring and Management Training Course – Pretoria
Carin Bosman (CBSS) and Nelda Breedt (Aquatico), in association with the Water Institute of South Africa (WISA), have developed a new Training Course in Water Quality Monitoring and Management. We will be presenting it for the first time from 6 to 9 September 2022, in Pretoria, Gauteng Province.
Water Quality Monitoring is essential to ensure Good Water Governance. Unfortunately, there appears to be significant gaps in the general understanding amongst environmental practitioners and government officials regarding the intricacies associated with water quality monitoring and management.
The Course therefore addresses the basics of water quality monitoring, including:
- the basic chemistry of surface and groundwater resources;
- selection of water quality monitoring variables;
- the design of a water quality monitoring programme;
- monitoring frequencies;
- the importance of field data collection;
- the setting of limit values for various types of water resources;
- the interpretation of water quality monitoring results;
- the visualisation of water quality monitoring results;
- communication of water quality monitoring results to non-expert stakeholders, etc.
An interactive practical session will be conducted as part of the course, during which attendees will take water samples, deliver them to the laboratory, receive the results, and interpret the results in a group setting.
An Assessment will be conducted of delegates’ level of learning during the course, and a Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to successful learners upon conclusion of the course, which can be used to claim THREE (3) CPD-points from WISA, SACNASP and ECSA.
A minimum number of twelve attendees are required for the course to proceed, and a maximum number of 25 delegates can be accommodated. Should more than the maximum number of delegates register for the course, additional Course Dates will be scheduled.